Whether deploying new infrastructure or rolling out additional features, administering complex UC platforms such as Cisco Unified Communications Manager can be tedious and often time consuming involving large numbers of individual changes via a web interface or from templated spreadsheets and BAT. In many cases it is much quicker and more accurate to use built in API’s, however these are not widely understood even by senior level UC engineers. We can help you harness the power of API’s to rollout the changes that you need much more quickly and efficiently than by standard methods, take a look at our blog for some of the solutions we have provided to common UC admin problems.
- ddi allocations, handsets, CSF’s, UDP’s, Jabber MRA devices, enable IM & P , VoiceMail
- locations, regions, device pools, mobility Info, media resources, groups, sip trunks, sip profiles
- partitions, css’s, route lists, groups, patterns, translations
We can automate the provisioning of new users or services either direct from Ldap or from integrations with common ITSM platforms such as ServiceNow. New joiners can be provisioned with a Physical Handset, Device Profile, Jabber Windows devices(CSF), Remote Destination Profile and or Mobile Remote Access devices. We can allocate and assign extensions, create voicemail boxes with all the values that your organisation requires and even log users directly into handset as part of the process.
Utilising the extensive API’s available we can provide custom reports to satisfy the most complex MI requirements.
- Devices – orphaned devices to provide accurate licence usage.
- Voice Recording – User, Device, Extension, Handset BIB, Handset Privacy and CTI settings for compliance verification.
- Usage Validation- Route Patterns, Translation Patterns, Partitions, CSS’s, Device Pools, Route List, Route Group, Trunks
Imagine the work required to change your naming conventions to bring them up to date or standardise using conventional methods such as bulk update.
We will harness the power of the API’s to deploy your new configuration standards en-mass without the need for bulk updates using spreadsheets.
Ad Hoc Projects
Dial Plan Migration:
- Expand system wide extension length to E164
- Apply shortdial to E164 uplift translations
- Expand system wide speed dials to E164
- Expand system wide BLF’s to E164
- Rename UDP, CSF, MRA device names and descriptions to reflect new number format
- Update Description, Line Text Labels
- Update Unity Connection extension and apply alternate extension value
Voice Recording Compliance:
- Implement daily BIB/Privacy parameter enforcement on all hard phones
- Apply recording (option, profile, media source) values to selected users devices and lines based on AD group membership
- Provide daily recording report or recording usage
- Jabber IMP Logging DB
- Jabber Persistent Chat DB